Talk. Talk. Talk. And stuff.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Shadow House

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   07/05/09, 04:46 am

She blinked, and turned her head in the direction of the Professor. He simply shrugged his shoulders and kept going. Turning her eyes back on him, the embers that had only moments ago reacted to his smile were now flaming in anger. "No match for you? Are you kidding?" Her voice was calm, but the kind of calm that wasn't exactly comforting. It had a hint of sarcasm. She smiled, her smile perfectly polite as she stepped forward, standing inches from him, and leaned up on her toes. "I could flip circles around you, and dont worry, I will." The heat from his skin was radiating like a heater. She had taken enough insults from this boy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   07/05/09, 04:51 am

"You have no clue do you? I can make you float harmlessly in the air while you try your best to break free of my control but that would be useless. I can stick you to a ceiling, flip you head to toe and maybe make you dance if I feel like it." He walked passed her with an annoyed look on his face "You are way out of your league" he added as he headed back to his room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   07/05/09, 04:54 am

"Its a combat match." she reminded him as he passed, unable to stop the faint crack that caught her last word. She was surprised at the new fire that licked her stomach, reaching up into her chest to choke her lungs. It felt like..pain. Closing her eyes tightly, she bit her lip, trying to stifle the flames back into simple embers. His words didnt matter anyway. She turned, walking in the direction of her own room and tried to keep her eyes on the floor. She didnt want to see any faces. She had suddenly become very weary, and now she wanted sleep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   07/05/09, 08:03 pm

The next morning Zach got up, showered then dressed with a crummy attitude. Why do I have to spend my time sparing with a newbie. He thought in silent protest Can't the professor get some lower grade to spare with her. He was insulted of thinking of the matter, visited the cafeteria to grab an apple for breakfast as he made his way to the gym.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   07/05/09, 10:08 pm

Ivory already stood in the gym. Her hair was loose and she wore something that looked like a martial arts top, but it was different in many ways. The robed top was an ivory color, as was the belt that tied it at her waist. In hung off her shoulder, reaching mid-thigh, and her upper legs covered by a pair of matching ivory shorts, reaching the same length.

Her hands and feet were bare.

As her entered, her eyes lingered over his face, but she didn't speak. She had decided the night before, after the mysterious sting that had followed his words, that she wasn't letting her mind get caught in this. She wouldn't let that sting happen again, and the way she ensured this was with silence.
The further she kept herself, the less damage he could do.

Her teeth bit into her lip as she waited for him to throw some kind of insult her way. She doubted she would have to wait long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   07/05/09, 10:17 pm

Zach finished his apple and used his powers to send it flying into a garbage pale. He looked at Ivy with an uncomfortable look. "Lets make this quick princess don't resist so we can both get this over with fast."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   07/05/09, 10:22 pm

She walked to the center of the room. It was a struggle to keep her temper calm. Them embers were hard to keep from stirring. She wasn't sure what aspect about him had brought that affect.

"The Professor made it clear that this is combat, not a show of your abilities. That means, fight me like man, not a mutant."

When she had reached her destination, she crossed her arms before her chest. His words were still hard to ignore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   07/05/09, 10:25 pm

Zach met with her at his position, "Just try not to cry when you fall down" he mocked as he went into a fighting stance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   07/05/09, 10:32 pm

She went into her own stance, her long, baggy sleeves sliding down to the center of her hand. Her eyes went to his face and they stayed there unmoving. She let her embers stir now, and a faint smile met her lips. She knew she was going to enjoy this. Thoroughly.

Still, she kept the embers from igniting any kind of spark. She would do this as she had said, without her powers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   07/05/09, 10:39 pm

Zach started the match as he jumped into the air in a somersault as he came down with his heel extended aiming for her head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   07/05/09, 10:45 pm

She turned her body quickly, dodging the kick as she slid to the side. Extending her arms, she wrapped her hands around hands around his ankle as he was mid-air, pulling on his leg to swing him over and face-first into the ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   07/05/09, 10:52 pm

Zach used his arms to catch the ground as he fell head first and pushed back using the momentum of Ivy's throw. He sprung back at Ivy legs first as he wrapped them around her mid section and made her fall back. He was now sitting on her stomach as he reached back for her leg to prepare for a text book wrestling grapple.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   07/05/09, 11:00 pm

Her leg popped up instead, her ankle connecting with his head in a quick, sharp blow. With a moment of unsteadiness to her aid, she flipped her body over sideways, managing to slip her waist from his legs. She brought her face in close, a distraction as her hands hit the floor on either side of his torso, her only support as her knees bent in to catch a blow at his chest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   07/05/09, 11:10 pm

Zach raised his right arm and used his body weight to throw her off onto his left on her back. He then grabbed her arm and held it in an arm bar. "Game over princess, If you move you are going to be in a world of hurt. Tap out now"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   07/05/09, 11:24 pm

She sighed heavily, closing her eyes and desperately trying to fight the fire. She could feel herself losing control now. Her mind danced around the thought of simply telling him to get off, or scortching his hands, but she took a long slow breath before flinging her foot up and coming in contact with some body part she couldnt see. Her other followed suit, landing another hit on something solid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   07/05/09, 11:30 pm

Zach jerked her arm toward her head that would deliver a sharp pain in the shoulder. he had control of whether she would feel pain or not using her own arm as a pain switch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   07/05/09, 11:33 pm

She bit down on her lip, wincing, and finally, the flames were just too much. She planted her feet against the floor, and without much thought kicked her body up and over, barely caring what she broke in the process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   08/05/09, 12:01 am

Zach let go and got up. "Your not worth it if you don't know when to stop. I could have snapped your arm if i was allowed but you are too reckless to realize when you are beat. I'm out of here" he growled with intense frustration. as he turned for the gym door.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   08/05/09, 12:07 am

She lifted her head, standing from the floor and rubbing her arm gently as she watched him walk with his back towards her. The fire licked painfully again at her lungs, almost chocking out her oxygen.

"What is wrong with you?" she called after him. She couldnt keep her silence anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   08/05/09, 12:12 am

He stopped but he didn't look back.

There is a war between the good mutants and the bad mutants that i could be fighting in but instead I am fighting a kid who can barely stand on her two legs.

he told her mentally

thats whats bugging me princess
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   08/05/09, 12:20 am

She took a few steps in his direction. The fire in her stomach had calmed slightly, fading away from her lungs and giving her air to breathe. It wouldnt die completely, however.

It would be easier to stand if you would stop knocking me down.

The reply was mental, and held a hint of humor. She hardly understood why she should be trying to lighten his mood, but it was too much like her. Her next thought, however, was a bit more serious.

The war isn't all you think it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   08/05/09, 12:26 am

What, that our kind is dying everyday just so that we can sleep soundly every night Isn't a big deal? I dont know if you have any envy princess but I for one want to be on the front lines fighting side to side with mutants who can make a difference, who protect everyone selflessly.

he turned around to look at her

Once I graduate from this institute I can use my powers to protect everyone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   08/05/09, 12:33 am

That's not what I meant, Zach...

She looked away from his face and to the ground. It was hard to meet his eyes when she envisioned him in the places she had seen so many others...Fallen. Broken...dead.

So many people are lost there. So many of us go and never return.

She lifted her eyes again, catching his.

Too many of us have died.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   08/05/09, 12:39 am

That is why I want to fight, to end this war. And if you don't mind princess,I have some training for the exam next week so I can kick every evil mutants ass when I graduate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   08/05/09, 12:45 am

Ivy took the last remaining steps to stand before him. She stood there momentarily, her eyes glancing over his face in thought. Carefully, she perked herself up on her toes and leaned in to place her lips against his cheek. She left a light kiss there, warm from her inward fire. Then, settling back on her heels, she spoke again into his mind.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadow House   

Back to top Go down

Shadow House
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next